semvironment’s Environmental Initiative
Do we care about our environment? Yes - and we hope this proves it!
The new model for our business is one that adopts a social initiative - taking care of our environment. We aren’t hard core “tree huggers” but some jokingly call us “squirrel huggers”.
Here are the ways we are going to take care of our social initiative of choice:
1. We will purchase a Small Business Carbon Offset from CarbonFund.org and proudly display our status this quarter! The offset will actually account for double our carbon footprint at the time of this post being published but we plan on growing into it. We will buy a carbon offset each year and match it to our growth plans/carbon footprint as a business.
2. We are hosting this domain with DreamHost.com - and they are a “green” host!
3. For every client we receive, we will plant 2 trees in our own backyard (Idaho) - so we will get our hands dirty and beautify the cities we live in at the same time. These trees will be planted at a seasonal time…the ground is frozen right now here in Idaho.
4. Please send an environmental organization our way and we would love to consult/manage their PPC campaigns for free. We will limit this to one organization for now dependent upon how big they are - and we will be picky about who we help. We won’t be able to cover click costs but we can save the organization on management/payroll/personnel fees!
5. Put recycle bins in our offices.
We are looking forward to making a good impact on our environment starting now!
If you enjoyed this post, make sure you subscribe to our RSS feed or get email updates whenever we post anything new!
What should our new business name be?
Please help us choose a new name by voting in the poll! And PLEASE let us know of any perceived trademark issues with these names...
Welcome to the First semvironment Blog Post!
This is our blog initiative: We will strive to post valuable content every business day. We will strive to stay on topic - but forgive...
Introducing Dustin McKay - semvironment Supply Chain VP
Dustin McKay, semvironment Supply Chain VP, spends too much time reading Digg. This makes him a good resource of random facts. His desire for learning...
Introducing Shane Snow - semvironment VP of E-commerce
I hope you enjoy this brief intro to Shane - our new VP of E-commerce! You can expect to see some blog posts from him...